Before selecting your fence, here are a few things you will need to answer during your fence project planning:
- What is the total number of running feet of the area to be fenced?
- How many rails of fence do you want to install? Do you want electric?
- What post spacing do you want to use (8′, 10′, or 12′)?
- Gate quantity, location and size.
- What type of corners are needed, 90 degree or 5 post rounded corner?
- Are you fencing level or irregular terrain?
- Will you install the fencing yourself or hire a professional?
Multiply number of feet to be fenced by the number of desired rails to estimate total amount of fence needed. Be sure to subtract gated areas from rail totals.