Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties. Must be able to lift and carry equipment as well as work on elevated levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine. Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus such as transformers, wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. Troubleshoot industrial electronic controls using PC/PLC and other electrical devices. Lies out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment. Maintains tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
- Traces out short circuits in wiring. Assists in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors. Performs minor repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches. Troubleshoot and disassemble defective electrical equipment, replaces defective or worn parts, and reassembles equipment. Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manger and/or Operations Manager.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree in Industrial Electricity/Electronics or 4 years’ experience in related field and/or combination. Experience with welding and fabrication is preferred. HVAC experience preferred.
SKILLS: Accomplished skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and reading schematics are necessary to perform in this job. Knowledge of AC/DC motors, motor drives, and PLC’s are required. HVAC knowledge is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to perform in multi-craft environment. This is a first shift job but will be on call whenever needed. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.