CENTAUR® FENCING SYSTEMS
MUSCLE SHOALS, AL
20 & 30 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY is given by Centaur® Fencing Systems, a division of E. S. Robbins Corporation, (“Centaur”) whose address is 2802 East Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, 35661, to you, the original retail purchaser of a Fence System manufactured by Centaur. The Product Warranty Registration must be returned to Centaur within 60 days of purchase in order to receive coverage under this warranty.
WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS AND FOR HOW LONG:
For a period of twenty (20) years, commencing on the date that you received the purchased CenFlex® Rail, CenFlex® Line Post Brackets, Inside Corner Roller, One and Two-Way Barrel Tensioners Sure-Hook® Termination Bracket, or Sure-Hook® Splice Buckle herein after as (Rail /Components), Centaur will deliver new Rail/Components adequate to replace any defective Rail/Components for the Replacement Price as described. If Rail/Components contain any defect which is a direct result of the material or the workmanship used in manufacturing, the Rail/ Components will be a prorated replacement.
For a period of thirty (30) years, commencing on the date that you received the purchased Centaur® Rail, Centaur® Line Post Brackets, Inside Corner Roller, One and Two-Way Barrel Tensioners Sure-Hook® Termination Bracket, or Sure-Hook® Splice Buckle herein after as (Rail / Components), Centaur will deliver new Rail/Components adequate to replace any defective Rail/Components for the Replacement Price as described. If Rail/Components contain any defect which is a direct result of the material or the workmanship used in manufacturing, the Rail/ Components will be a prorated replacement.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: This warranty does NOT cover any of the following:
- Damage to, or defect in, the Rail/Components resulting from fires, floods, storms, accidents, acts of God, or from alteration, misuse, improper care, or abuse of the Fence by any person, animal or foreign object whatsoever.
- Installation of the Fence or of the replacement Rail/Components, or damage or defects resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission in the installation of the Rail/Components, regardless of whether the Rail/Components is installed by an individual approved by Centaur or installed by any other individual in compliance with specifications and requirements provided by or on behalf of Centaur.
- Damage to real property, personal property, or animals, livestock, or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of any defect of materials or workmanship in the manufacturing of the Fence or out of any act, omission, representation, or warranty of Centaur its agents, employees, or servants.
- Defects or damage in or to the brace assemblies and/or the installation thereof.
- Rust, corrosion, normal weathering or discoloration, unless the affected Rail/Component becomes inoperable. Normal weathering is defined as exposure to sunlight and extremes of weather and atmosphere which causes any colored surface to gradually fade, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains. The severity of any condition depends on the geographical location of the Fence, the cleanliness of the air in the area, and many other influences over which Centaur cannot control. Also, this warranty Does Not cover labor or labor related charges.
- Centaur reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products, including replacement Rail/Components as well as color, without notice to the consumer/buyer, nor will Centaur be liable in the event the replacement material may vary in color or gloss in comparison to the original product as a result of normal weathering.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO DEFECTS IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP
REMEDIES AND LIMITATIONS: Your sole remedy under this Limited Warranty Agreement shall be the replacement of the Rail/Components as set forth above. We will not install the replacement material. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CENTAUR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESSED WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CENTAUR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, ANY OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. IF THE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CENTAUR HEREBY LIMITS THE DURATION OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE THE FENCE WAS DELIVERED TO YOU.
If, notwithstanding the above provision, there should arise any liability on the part of Centaur for implied warranties of any nature or for express warranties other than as set forth herein or for any act or omission of Centaur or its agents or employees, such liability shall be limited to an amount equal to Two Hundred Fifty and no/100 Dollars ($250.00).
Such liability is fixed as total damages and not as a penalty and this liability shall be complete and exclusive. The provisions of this paragraph shall apply to all loss or damage of whatever nature arising from any act, omission, representation, warranty, agreement of Centaur, its agents or employees, including, but not limited to, loss to personal property and/or livestock or cattle. You acknowledge that it is impractical and extremely difficult to fix actual damages which may arise due to the failure of the Fence. Therefore, you agree to this damages clause if, notwithstanding the provisions hereinabove, there should arise any liability on Centaur other than expressly set forth in this Limited Warranty. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE: The Product Warranty Registration must be returned to Centaur within 60 days of purchase in order to receive coverage under this warranty. If a problem with the Rail/Components develops during the Warranty Period, call Centaur at (800) 348-7787. Inform the Centaur representative that you have purchased the Fence and are protected under this Warranty. Leave your name, address, telephone number and a description of the nature of the defect with the representative. In addition, you must send a letter stating the information requested above, together with proof of purchase and proof acceptable to Centaur, of actual defect and extent of defect (e.g., pictures or samples), by certified or registered mail to Centaur Fencing Systems, 2802 East Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL 35661. Centaur reserves the right to send a representative to inspect any alleged defect in the Rail/Components. Centaur, upon its reasonable determination that a defect in material or workmanship does exist, will deliver the replacement Rail/Components within thirty (30) days of its receipt of the written request and the prorated Replacement Price unless prohibited from doing so by an act of God, strike, boycott, unavailability of parts and materials, or any other activity beyond its control, in which case, Centaur will diligently pursue its obligations hereunder. You may be required to return the defective product at Centaur’s cost. Centaur reserves the right, should it independently select to do so, refund the amount paid by the original owner for the Rail/Components. You will be responsible for all costs of shipping the replacement Rail/Components. Customers outside of North America please contact your dealer for service.
SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS: This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
ONLY WARRANTIES: THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY CENTAUR FENCING SYSTEMS. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES, UNDERSTANDINGS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY CENTAUR THAT ARE NOT SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT.